Monday, November 8, 2010

This Thanksgiving..

We are spending it at Grandma and Grandpa Allas.  I asked Mom if I could decorate the dinner table since I have been spending all my free time browsing interior decorating blogs.  Its a wild addiction.  I noticed that when I got engaged, I was consumed with everything that had to do with weddings.  When I bought a home, I was consumed with decorating my home to fit our personality styles.  And with having a baby, I am consumed with building a home with my husband, baby, and puppy.  I'm making decisions everyday to make our house a home that my son will love and have fond memories in.  Which is why I follow certain blogs.  In each of those blogs, I see a part of who I am and who I want to be, for my family and friends.

Focus.  Since I stayed home sick (I'm convinced I got this flu turned fever from some careless individual that wandered in public contaminating everything they touched.  Stay home sick people!) I kept thinking of how I was going to decorate our Thanksgiving dinner table.  Here is an idea board of what I want the table to look like.



1. Burlap- used as a table runner, for texture
2. Pomegranate- scattered around the table
3. Pine Cone Turkey- used as a place card setting, if I can make them ;)
4. Fall Leaves- scattered around the table
5. Candle Spread- to create different levels on the table

So what do you think??  Any suggestions on changing something out or adding anything in??  Let me know!  Its always nice to have an extra set of eyes to help.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. cute! and sorry you're sick :( if you need burlap for your table runner....you know i have TONS! :)

    ReplyDelete